Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Day

For Eveleth Horizons (I'm the coordinator), people said they wanted a sliding hill in Eveleth. The city made one and we had the grand opening of it yesterday. They made signs to lead the way....I didn't go down the hill as I was there as photographer, but can't wait to get a sled and go down it. We had people of all ages riding the hill with sleds of all shapes and sizes and even snowboards. It's quite the hike up, but everyone claims it is worth it....
We had a "name the hill" contest and the winner will be announced at the City Council meeting tonight. We also had a snowman contest. Here were the entries...
"Samantha" the hula snowgirl

"The old man on the mountain"



This one didn't have a name - or at least I wasn't told what it was

"Pom Pom Snow Girl"
Can't wait for everyone to come and visit - we can go sliding in Eveleth now!
Heather

1 comment:

lindula said...

looks like fun!! I am sure the kids would love to go sledding! I know I would, we went a few years ago when we were up there for christmas on a golf course. that was fun.
kendra